Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2002 15:27:14 -0600
From:      TOPCAT CONSULTING <topcat@sk.sympatico.ca>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   dual NAT setup; physical layer question

--Boundary_(ID_qSQRql1OOFFrPHEv4651NQ)

I have been assigned two static Class B IP
addresses from my ISP, but I only
have a single physical cable coming in.
I would like to build 2 independent firewalled
networks.  I'm very inexperienced in NAT
and would appreciate comments/suggestions/alternatives
on how I have envisioned this to work.
Many thanks in advance.

--Boundary_(ID_qSQRql1OOFFrPHEv4651NQ)

 ISP

coax_cable
  |                                                pc1
  |                                                 |
  |                      --|       |--              |
Cable         |------NIC1  |  nat  |  NIC2---------HUB-----pc2
Modem         |          --|       |--              |
  |           |                                     |
  |           |                                    pc3
  |           |
 UTP_cable    |                 |
  |           |                 |
  |           |                 |
  |           |                 |
 HUB----------|             FIREWALL (ipfw)
              |                 |
              |                 |
              |                 |                  pc4
              |------NIC3   |  nat |   NIC4--------HUB-----pc5

                                                   pc5

where NIC1 = 142.165.x.x and NIC2 = 10.0.0.x

where NIC3 = 142.165.x.x and NIC4 = 192.168.x.x

--Boundary_(ID_qSQRql1OOFFrPHEv4651NQ)--