Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 2003 20:21:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "C. Kukulies" <kuku@www.kukulies.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   total hang when cu -l /dev/cuaa0

I have disabled the SIO on my ASUS P4SX board because I have a PCI modem
card inserted. But the modem card or the sio on it doesn't seem to be detected
by the kernel. Instead I see two sios (sio0 and sio1) which are flagged
as possibly disabled (?) - why are they seen when I disabled them in the BIOS?

When I run getty (or mgetty) on that port or when I do a cu -l /dev/cuaa0
the system freezes.

Need help urgently to get this solved. I've been running a second box
for months now only to have a working fax/modem .

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies