Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:19:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Michael Yu <mzyu_tx@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Can't boot from image CD

Hello. Please help.

I downloaded FreeBSD image file "4.5-install.iso" from
Web site
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/4.5/
using a Windows machine, then burned it onto a CD-R.
But when I inserted the CD into another PC, it can't
boot from the CD. I checked and made sure the boot
order is CD-ROM Drive first, hard drive second, and
floppy drive third. The CD-ROM drive is EIDE,
secondary master.

My question is: Is *.iso file format bootable in a
regular PC?

Thanks,

Michael Yu
mzyu_tx@yahoo.com