Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:49:21 -0500
From:      Stephen Fitzhugh <fitzhugh@connix.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   psmintr:out of sync

Problem: I get the "psmintr:out of sync (0008 != 0000)" error message
WHEN USING A NEW Linksys PS2KVM2 KVM switch. I do NOT get the error when
using the mouse directly in the computer mouse ports.

I have checked the mailing list archives and other FreeBSD documentation
and nothing seems to work.

Windows NT works without a hitch, but when either machine is in FreeBSD,
the mouse is unusable. Both computers are running FreeBSD 4.2 Stable.
The problem is the same on both machines.

I can run "moused -p /dev/psm0 -i all" and it correctly detects the
mouse. When I run "vidcontrol -m on" I immediately get the psmintr
warning.

The keyboard and video work fine.

Any ideas?

Regards,