Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:35:47 +0200
From:      Terje Elde <terje@elde.net>
To:        John Lengeling <johnl@raccoon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Will PGPnet work with 4.1-STABLE IPSEC?

* John Lengeling (johnl@raccoon.com) [000824 11:50]:
> Has anyone tried to get PGPnet working with IPSEC/racoon under 4.1-STABLE?
>
> Since this is the first time that I am trying to get an IPSEC VPN client
> package working with FreeBSD's IPSEC, are there any recommend VPN clients to
> use other than PGPnet?

AFAIK the racoon in the ports collection will only work with -current, which
should not be used for security sensitive applications (ref: /dev/random ;)

The problem isn't PGPNet. The problem is FreeBSD not supporting IKE. If you
want to employ some other VPN, it's have to use static keying with IPSec, or
not IPSec at all. PPTP might be a good choice ;)

Terje