Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 06:31:10 -0700
From:      Fred Gilham <gilham@csl.sri.com>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Allegro 5.0 (was Re: Star Office Installation)

> > > FWIW the latest version of Allegro Common Lisp (5.0 beta) tries to
> > > read /proc/<pid>/map and fails.
> > > Maybe we do need to emulate the Linux procfs as somebody suggested
> > > last week.
> > Heh, so what are you waiting for? ;)
> >
> > I'm not sure _where_ you put things like that.. Unless we just alter our
> > procfs.
>
> You could make a linux procfs lkm, and mount it under /compat/linux.

Turns out that Allegro 5.0 is trying to read /proc/<pid>/maps (in
fact, /compat/linux/proc/<pid>/maps) and NOT /proc/<pid>/map.

I wonder what the difference in functionality is between FreeBSD
/proc/<pid>/map and Linux /proc/<pid>/maps.

I suspect that once we get by this problem we'll run into other
problems.  I think ACL 5.0 uses more of the low-level features of
Linux, such as threads.

-Fred