Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 1997 21:06:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      jhawkins@microlink.net
To:        undisclosed-recipients:;

FreeBSD

I have a copy of Walnut Creek FreeBSD 2.1.5, which will not install.
When I try to install it, the installation program responds by stating
that I have no disks.  The hard drive and cd rom are both scsi devices.
The scsi host card is a Future Domain 850/950.  The Walnut Creek
catalog specifically mentions that host card, but the installation
program doesn't seem to find a scsi host card.  The instruction book
appears to say that BSD needs to be installed before the kernel can
be rebuilt.

I see two possible solutions.  One is to install a mfm hard drive large
enough hold FreeBSD either permanently or long enough to build a kernel
general enough to install FreeBSD on the scsi hard drive.  The other is to
find prebuilt kernel that is as general as possible, use that to install
FreeBSD, and finally rebuild to kernel to fit my actual needs.

Please help me if you can.

Thank you in advance.

jhawkins@microlink.net

The controller card is a Future Domain 850/950.  The Walnut Creek