Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 2003 00:29:02 +0000
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        nate@root.org
Subject:   Re: Common device driver classes?

I'm tracking the outcome of this discussion so I know where to put things
like cache geometry discovery. My original plan was to assume uniform
cache and TLB geometry across all CPUs in the system. This may not be
the case. In which case implementing it via ivars may be more appropriate
if Nate chooses to go down this road -- but this leaves the problem of
how to export these properties easily to the userland.

This is to facilitate getting at these properties a bit easier and
machine-independent (I note that the current NDIS and PowerPC efforts
could probably use this stuff).

BMS