Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 1996 04:35:06 +1000 (EST)
From:      michael butler <imb@asstdc.com.au>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: if_ep.c driver brokeness (was Re: 3Com (589b) troubles)

> The interesting thing is that there are also (few? many?) people where
> it actually improved things.  Anyway, a better fix is certainly needed
> (one that satisfies all people, not just a few only), so back it out
> and suggest another one. :)

What we _really_ need is for people to explain which cards do better with
which version .. at least then we might be able to use the appropriate IRQ
strategy according to which card is detected. Just having people stick their
hand up and say "it's busted" without specifying what broke is unhelpful,

	michael