Date:      Sun, 7 Feb 2010 19:50:56 -0800
From:      Charlie Kester <corky1951@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I Love FreeBSD!

On Sun 07 Feb 2010 at 18:22:39 PST Michiel Overtoom wrote:
>On Wednesday 27 January 2010 11:46:52 Charlie Kester wrote:
>
>> Not the cheapest way to heat a room, but it's probably the most fun!
>
>I measured the power consumption of my FreeBSD system, and it's 80
>watts usually, 100 watts while doing a large compile.

I recently installed FreeBSD on a system based on Intel's latest Atom
processor -- the so-called "Mount Olive" motherboard.  According to my
Kill-a-Watt meter, it maxes out at 25W.

It's cheap (~$80 for the motherboard) and definitely a lot of fun, but
not much good as a space heater.  Good thing I live in the Pacific
Northwest, where we enjoy such a mild climate!