Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 14:16:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <bg24484@binghamton.edu>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Macros in Tulip drivers...

Can anyone tell me the functionality of the following MACROS in the tulip
driver code for the tulip card DEC 21140 located in the directory
src/sys/pci/if_de.c

TULIP_PERFSTART, TULIP_PERFEND, TULIP_TXDESC_PRESYNC. I havent been able
to figure out what they do and their purpose.

Regarding DMA there is a macro defined TULIP_BUS_DMA. Does it mean that it
is possible to decide whether the TULIP card should use the DMA option or
go by the normal programmed I/O option. As would be seen in the function
tulip_txput that transfers data into the tulip rings there are blocks of
code that use TULIP_BUS_DMA. Is the kernel compiled enabling the macro
TULIP_BUS_DMA.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx,
Roshan.