Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2007 20:51:18 +1200
From:      Andrew Thompson <thompsa@freebsd.org>
To:        Niki Denev <ndenev@totalterror.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFT: new trunk(4)

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 09:37:57AM +0300, Niki Denev wrote:

> I tried today to do the wireless/wired roaming, almost as given
> in the man page, with the exception that my wireless interface (ath),
> uses WPA, and i'm trying to run dhclient on the trunk interface.
> However it does not work as expected, and i'm not sure why...
> The problem is that if ath0 is a member of the trunk0 interface
> it always deassociates a few seconds after associating.
> If i remove it from the trunk group it associates perfectly, and
> keeps the link up.

The updated patch here partially fixes the problem, the EAP packets will
be passed now.

http://people.freebsd.org/~thompsa/if_trunk-20070409.diff

The remaining issue is that when the wireless interface is added to the
trunk it will get a down/up as part of changing the MAC address. This
causes wpa_supplicant to close and it doesnt get relaunched. Manually
starting wpa_supplicant works but I need to find a way around this.

cheers,
Andrew