Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:24:07 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        engp9360 <engp9360@nus.edu.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: problem in creating the installation floppies

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 06:50:14PM +0800, engp9360 wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam:
>
> I'm just about to install FreeBSD on my PC. When copying image file to
> make the boot disk, the file boot.flp is too big for a floppy disk, then
> how can i make the installation floppies?
>
> Thanks for answering such a simple question for an beginner.

You should use the kern.flp and the mfsroot.flp images instead. You will
need two floppies. After copying the images to them, boot from kern.flp
first and when it asks for it, insert mfsroot.flp.

Wish you good luck with FreeBSD and please, in the future direct such
questions to questions@freebsd.org. Thank you!

Good luck!

[Note to -doc: Shouldn't we change the name of boot.flp? It is more than
confusing. But I do not know the El Torrito standard enough to know if it
this name is necessary...]

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM