Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 10:31:54 +1100 (EST)
From:      Peter Jeremy <Peter.Jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Motherboard/Ethernet/SCSI opinions sought

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a new system (primarily to use as an
X-terminal).  So far, I've been offered the following (I'm having
serious problems trying to find companies interested in actually
selling a system that's not a `standard' configuration) and I'd
appreciate opinions on their compatability and performance with
FreeBSD.

Motherboards:
ASUS TX97-XE
Elitegroup P5TX-Apro
Elitegroup P6LX-A+
`Tekram Intel Triton TX' (ATX formfactor) - I don't have an exact model

I realise that the socket-7 boards are all 430-TX and therefore (effectively)
limited to 64M of RAM, but no-one seems to offer any non-Intel motherboards.

SCSI Controllers:
Mylex KT-958 - I don't think this is supported.
ASUS SC-875 - This uses the Symbios controller so I believe it's supported.

Ethernet:
Intel 10/100 PCI (no exact model given)
SMC EtherPower II PCI 10/100baseT
Accton EN1207B (Cheetah) - I'm not sure of the chipset and so don't know if
	this is supported.

Peter