Date:      Tue, 7 Jul 1998 09:38:42 +0100
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kubilay_D=F6sendi?= <bamse@dc.luth.se>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hello

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 06, 1998 at 03:17:11PM -0400, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 03, 1998 at 11:36:12AM +0200, Kubilay Dösendi wrote:
> >
> >  I would like to ask  you if you would like to have a
> > Turkish Documentation Project.
> > If it is okey so I can help you to translate the pages
> > in to turkish.
>
> I haven't seen any other replies to this, so...
>
> Yes, we would love to have a Turkish Documentation Project!  I'm not
> sure what the first-step in beginning a translation is, but hopefully
> someone on the -doc list will take this 2nd chance to offer some
> guidance...

Tim's quite right, people willing to translate documentation are always
more than welcome. And as he says, there's no one currently doing this
for Turkish documentation.

If you haven't already seen it,

    <URL:http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/doc-set.html>;

describes the documentation that's part of FreeBSD that can be translated,
and

    <URL:http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/translations.html>;

lists the translation projects that are currently under way. The contacts
listed on that page are probably better placed to help you with the
technical details than I am.

> Right now we are in the midst of a LinuxDoc->Docbook transition, and
> it may be easier to begin translation after that has been finished.

That really only applies to the Handbook at the moment. If you'd like
to work on translating the manual pages, the FAQ or any of the tutorials,
please jump in.

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need
Play: nik@freebsd.org                     | Microsoft?