Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:25:32 +0100
From:      Aleksander Rozman - Andy <andy@kksonline.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem compiling linux-jdk 1.4.2 for freezes computer with jdk1.4.1 build fails

Hi !

I tried to start of build of java and found weird problem. I installed
linux-sun-jdk14 but problem is that every time I start javac computer
freezes with Heap problems. I am doing this on 5.1-RELEASE.

So I installed jdk1.4.1 (which worked fine), but problem started again. On
compiling of j2se/make/tools/pack-unpack I got problems since I used
version 1.4.1, and if jdk is not 1.4.2 then we got problems, since it's
trying to run just build version of jdk 1.4.2 (which was almost built at
this point), but it looks in wrong directory (it looks for it in
j2se/build/bsd-586/bin, but it's built in control/build/bsd-586/bin/).

I am very bad at fixing of makefiles, so I would be very thankful if
someone could look at this (or lend me his built version (1.4.2) for
bootstraping).

Take care.
Andy

P.S.: I needed more than 16 hours to build...

*  Aleksander Rozman - Andy  * Fandoms:  E2:EA, SAABer, Trekkie, Earthie *
*     andy@kksonline.com     * Sentinel, BH 90210, True's Trooper,       *
*    andy@atechnet.dhs.org   * Heller's Angel, Questie, Legacy, PO5,     *
* Maribor, Slovenia (Europe) * Profiler, Buffy (Slayerete), Pretender    *
*     PGP key available      *    http://www.atechnet.dhs.org/~andy/     *