Date:      Wed, 02 Jun 1999 11:04:14 +0100
From:      David Peverley <dpeverley@mpc-data.co.uk>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   System crash...

Hi,

  I've been experiencing a couple of crashes on my system (PII
generic BX mobo, ATAPI DVD/CD drive, EIDE HDD) when accessing the
floppy drive. First instnce I tried tarring some files to a raw
/dev/fd0 when the disk was write protected - syslog got a few
write protect messages and then the machine reset. Second time
I tried the same but hadnt inserted the floppy fully and it
hung the machine.
 1) Are these errors known about?
 2) Would the list like me to try and reproduce these in detail?

Cheers all,

~Pev