Date:      Tue, 07 Nov 2000 11:41:39 +0000
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        "Andresen,Jason R." <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        Rogelio <rogelio@forefront.com>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FW: Matrox Meteor2 Drivers

Jason,

> I don't suppose these cards are similar to the old Matrox Meteors

The Meteor 2 uses completely different hardware to the Meteor.

> FreeBSD has a driver for the old ones (meteor(4), although it
> looks like it hasn't been touched in ages).

Yep, that driver supports the Meteor and Meteor PPB models.
Driver works great.

> Also, if the cards are BT484/878 based FreeBSD can handle them.

I know quite a few people who were going to buy
a Meteor 2 and then got a Bt848/878 card instead.
Hauppauge do a 4 input card called the Impact VCB using
the Bt878.
A few other people do 4 input cards as well but I forget
who now (I think one is Osprey)

Roger