Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 1997 13:56:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        steve@news.cioe.com
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: front page .. which emulation?

In localhost.freebsd.isp you write:

>Since there is no FreeBSD binary of the front page extensions (something
>that I really think Microsoft should remedy...), which version do I use?

>I tried the BSDI ones (thinking that freebsd had binary compatibility
>with BSDI), but they didn't go... should I try the linux ones next?

>BTW, 'didn't go' translates to: Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.

Sounds like you may have an older FreeBSD 2.1.x .  Which FreeBSD
version are you running?

BSDI 2 emulation is in FreeBSD 2.2.x only (?), so you may need to
upgrade to 2.2.x.

If you can't get the BSDI one running, it is not likely that you will
be able to get Linux running, as ELF linux emu. requires 2.2.x as
well.

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/