Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 04:27:59 -0800
From:      "wsimpson Last Name" <wsimpson@my-deja.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: disable console mouse

Thanks for the help Andrew.

>If you don't want to reboot, just `killall moused`. To stop it from
>moused_enable="NO" in there, go to /etc/rc.conf and remove the line that
>says moused_enable="YES". If /etc/defaults/rc.conf says
>moused_enable="YES", add a line to /etc/rc.conf that says
>moused_enable="NO" (removing any other moused_enable line).

Yes this step worked fine. I also commented out any lines in /etc/rc.conf that had to do with moused

>Don't forget to reconfigure the xserver so it doesn't use sysmouse, or
>you won't have a working pointer in X.

I wasn't sure what to do here. I edited /etc/XF86Config and I changed
the bit that said /dev/sysmouse to /dev/mouse

Then when I rebooted and started X, the console mouse was turned off (good), but I had no mouse in X (bad).

Can anyone tell me what needs to be done to get mouse working under X (not using sysmouse).

Thanks very much for any help.

Bill