Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 09:30:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Brian Lube <brian@mpinet.net>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bind revisited

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Brian Lube wrote:
> I'm currently working on securing up our BSD box,  I apologize in advance
> if this has already been beaten to death,  but what is the best way to
> secure my copy of bind?  Should I upgrade to 8.1.1 and then keep up to date
> with patches, or is there going to be some sort of update for the 4 series?
>  We are currently looking to upgrade to the 8.1.1 series, but we're not
> really sure how much work it is going to entail.

Upgrade to 8.1.2

4.9.x will continue to recieve security updates but the change to
8.1.x is not bad at all and you will see lots of benefits.  Lower
memory use, better performance and more knobs to tweak.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com