Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 00:19:53 -0700
From:      Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@macguire.net>
To:        Igor Kulemzin <ivk@kristal.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CD-ROM speed

* Igor Kulemzin (ivk@kristal.ru) [020426 00:13]:
> Hi,
>
>   I've see MPEG4 file on Windows 2000 successfull. But on
>   FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE it works slow.
>
>   How can I optimize my CD-ROM speed?
>
> --
> Friday, April 26, 2002  5:12:02 PM
>
> Best regards,
> Igor Kulemzin
> Amursky Crystall
> E-mail: ivk@kristal.ru
>
> ->
>   You have, of course, just begun reading the sentence that you have just finished reading.
> ->

By default, FreeBSD does not use DMA on atapi devices because some bits of
hardware which claim to be compliant just wonky instead. Take a look at ata(4)
and enable dma on your cdrom. That should do the trick.

--
Benjamin Krueger

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about."
- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)