Date:      Thu, 01 Aug 1996 11:49:08 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), imb@asstdc.com.au, current@freebsd.org, committers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: if_ep.c driver brokeness (was Re: 3Com (589b) troubles)

>As Nate Williams wrote:
>
>> Actually, this change broke the ep driver for almost every card.  If
>
>The interesting thing is that there are also (few? many?) people where
>it actually improved things.  Anyway, a better fix is certainly needed
>(one that satisfies all people, not just a few only), so back it out
>and suggest another one. :)

I suggest we find someone to rewrite the driver from scratch.  It *really*
needs it.  I would, but my queue currently looks like:

Generic SCSI layer enhancements
Advansys device driver
Revamp of the Buslogic driver
Cleanup of our device configuration code.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations