Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:31:10 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        Raoul <rmgls@free.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell 370 bluetooth minicard

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Raoul <rmgls@free.fr> wrote:

> On my Dell E6400 the Dell bluetooth 370 wireless minicard (a CBM2046B&?)

i assume its bcm2046b :)

> if i am right, does not attach to any driver.
> i tried several drivers and of course loaded ng_ubt.
> but rc.bluetooth start ubt0 reply
> ngctl: send msg: No such file or directory
> FreeBSD current r218726.
> It never attached, it is not a version problem.

is device recognized at all? i assume it presents itself as usb
device. if its the case ugen(4) should attach to it. do you see any
ugen(4) related messages? what does usbconfig(8) output look like?

also, if you put ng_ubt_load="YES" in your loader.conf you dont need
to manually call rc.bluetooth start ubt0. when bluetooth device is
recognized, devd(8) will automatically call rc.bluetooth and will
start everything.

> Is this ship supported by the btbcmfw driver?

i assume you mean ubtbcmfw(4). if so, then no, its not. ubtbcmfw(4) is
a firmware driver for bcm2033 chips.

> Any comment would be helpfull.

lets start and see if card is recognized at all, i.e. ugen(4) should
be attaching to all usb devices by default.

thanks,
max