Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:41:16 -0600
From:      "Chad Albert" <chad.albert@myhealthcarefirst.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Festival and vchans

I recently set "hw.snd.pcm0.vchans=3D4" on a FreeBSD 5.3 box and now =
when
I try to get festival to speak I just get silence.  I can play sound
files with sox and if I copy a file to /dev/dsp I get noise as I would
expect.  Festival worked before I turned on virtual channels but now I
get nothing.  I have set festival's Audio_Method to freebsd16audio and
that does not work.  When I set it to netaudio I get what sounds like
"slow motion" speaking.  Has anyone seen/solved this before?
=20

=20

-- Chad