Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:20:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        tao huang <freebsd_tao@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How can I use TAB as in linux?

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, tao huang wrote:

# I can use TAB to shortcut the command in linux but I found it cann`t work in
# the freebsd. How can I do for it?
# And also how can I install a shell bash in the freebsd?

Many people have already suggested to use Bash which is what
I did for many years but I've since found Zsh.  You might give
it a try in lieu of Bash.  It has a really cool configurable
commandline completion feature.  If you installed the ports
tree then you'll find it here:

	/usr/ports/shells/zsh

I have the following lines in my ~/.zshrc to tweak commandline
completion the way I like it.

	bindkey -e 		# Emacs editing mode
	setopt auto_list	# list completions on TAB
	setopt no_beep		# don't beep on TAB

-steve