Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:23:52 +0100
From:      Gianluca Sordiglioni <gianluca@parkinson.it>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Italian documentation

  Here at GUFI (Gruppo Utenti FreeBSD Italia - Italian FreeBSD User
Group) we have almost completed the handbook translation in italian.
Someone contacted me some time ago asking for .sgml files to be included
in the FreeBSD doc tree; I noticed a new it_IT directory in /usr/doc was
created, but nothing happened since then.

  Since we are not SGML experts, I did my best to put things together.
If there's something wrong with the sources, please let me now. I was
waiting for the inclusion of our documentation to learn from our
mistakes preparing those SGML files, so comments are welcomed.

 If you want to download the italian handbook, you can download it from
my homepage:

http://www.gufi.org/~inzet/it_IT.ISO_8859-1.tar.gz

Gianluca
Gruppo Utenti FreeBSD Italia (GUFI)