Date:      Sun, 14 Sep 1997 23:15:35 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Testimonial

On Sun, 14 Sep 1997 dkelly@hiwaay.net wrote:

[..]

> Sounds like if the publisher of Byte wanted to make a Real
> Magazine out if it again, he'd hire a bunch of translators and
> strike a deal with c't.
> I'd prefer c't hire the translators themselves and publish under
> their own name. I don't trust Byte anymore, not for a long time.

Me too. Seriously, from what I've read on this list, c't seems very
good. I suggest to put up a lobby among we FreeBSDers and let c't
people know that we are interested in an english version. I think
many other people (eg some Linux people, some BeOS people) can be
very interested in it.

Perhaps we could post some "call for lobbying" ;-) on the relevant
newsgroups/mailing lists.

Marco Molteni
Computer Science student at the Universita' degli studi di Milano, Italy.
UNIX _is_ user friendly.  It's just selective about who its friends are.