Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 09:21:14 -0700
From:      GoodleafJ@immunex.com
To:        newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   mounting windows shares at boot

Have been roaming the web looking for tutorials. Most of the Samba
tutorials seem oriented toward using a UNIX machine to serve files, but I
need to get a FBSD machine to mount a SMB share from a windows machine at
boot. You see I have a perl script that does some processing on files and
I'd like to have it copy the results to a particular directory on a Windows
machine. I think I could do this if I could mount the drive at boot (using
fstab?). I know the basic system works, since I can mount the share using
smbclient, but I need more automation than that...

Can anyone point me toward a FAQ or how to? Or suggest how to do it?

Thanks,
John