Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 2000 19:17:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sandip Srivastava <ssriva1@alumni.umbc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X Won't Run After Upgrade

I'm running FreeBSD 3.3. I installed the XFree86 3.3.6 port, because I
wanted to upgrade from XFree86 3.3.5. After the port install finished, I
typed 'startx' at the prompt to run X. But when I did this I got the
following message:

$ startx

Mar  4 19:03:40 atlantic Xwrapper: no modules loaded for `xserver' service
Authentication failed - cannot start X server.
Perhaps you do not have console ownership?_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect:
Can't conn
ect: errno = 2
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
giving up.
xinit:  No such file or directory (errno 2):  unable to connect to X
server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

What do I need to do to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

-Sandip