Date:      Sun, 23 Oct 2016 06:41:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Roger Marquis <marquis@roble.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jive prejudices

Louis Epstein wrote:
> You really need to have a hands-off policy on what software people use.

The meaning of this is unclear as anyone can still compile jive on their
own outside of the ports tree.  WRT ports, they should be subject to the
same policies as base.

The meta questions here are: A) does FreeBSD have a policy restricting
software that promotes hatred, discrimination or violence (IMO it
should) and, if so B) does jive violate that policy.

Before we can have any substantive discussion of a particular port we
should have consensus on policy.

Roger