Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:32:48 -0000
From:      "Newton, Harry" <NewtonHa@logica.com>
To:        "'freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Solaris 7 emulation status:

I was wondering where we're at with this ? Or put it another way, should I
reasonably expect to be able to run Solaris 7 i386 binaries ?

I tried various ones, and got a message saying /usr/lib/ld.so.1 not found.
Is this other people's mileage ?

FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE on Thunderbird 1Ghz. I used /usr/sbin/svr4 to start the
streams and svr4 modules. I installed in /compat/svr4 the tarball that was
on Mark Newton's home page ( the one for Solaris 2.6 ) and changed the sym
link in the directory so that part of the path referred to Solaris 2.7
instead of Solaris 2.6.

Any help/pointers &c gratefully received ! Cheers, Harry