Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 1999 13:57:13 -0500
From:      Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
Cc:        Dustin Lang <dustinl@interchange.ubc.ca>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ramblings from a Newbie...

On Sun, May 30, 1999, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> Not only programmers and administrators benifit from vi but at my last
> job it was even a requirement for the HTML people.  It'll also save
> your skin when/if you ever have to do something on a bare-install
> commercial unix, as they mostly don't come equiped with anything
> besides vi.
>
> learn vi, it's good for you.

   ed is probably more abundant than vi, and has similar syntax,
although it's tons harder to understand where you are in a file.
I once wrote a perl script in it just for fun -- it wasn't that
hard once you realize that you're not in vi anymore.

--
Chris Costello                                <chris@calldei.com>
Real programs don't eat cache.