Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 2002 21:32:51 -0700
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        re@FreeBSD.org, kde@FreeBSD.org, alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] kde build broken on alpha 4.6.2

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 09:16:12PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>   http://beta.freebsd.org/errorlogs/4-latest/kdeadmin-3.0_2.log
>   http://beta.freebsd.org/errorlogs/4-latest/kdegraphics-3.0_2.log
>
> These are necessary for making KDE available for the alpha
> 4.6.2-RELEASE packages.
>
> Will make it abundantly clear that he doesn't care about fixing this;
> perhaps someone else can take a look.

That is not correct.  I said it's not worth my time to fix it.
You must remember that "worth" in this case includes needing to
know why the compiler is misbehaving, and needing a sufficiently
properly set up tree on an alpha box.  Then, and only then, might
I actually get some progress on this problem.  Not to mention
that the packages shipping in this version are way out of date
and people can still use KDE without the above packages.

Please don't ever publically misrepresent me again.  Thanks.

I should note that I'm tired of being blamed for alpha-specific
problems when the alpha people should be the ones fixing it, if
they so desire.  AFAIK, there is nobody on the kde@ list who has
an alpha so that platform continues to enjoy relatively poor
support for KDE on FreeBSD.

Regards,
--
wca