Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:02:57 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Eaglez <eaglez69@yahoo.com>
Cc:        John Hengstler <john@hei.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unknown Devices

In message <20000605041951.1843.qmail@web115.yahoomail.com> Eaglez writes:
: Well, i'm not sure about 5.0's new funky support (i
: mean, if it supports the SB Live, who knows), but in
: the past, PCI modems have never been supported,
: because they all tend to be win modems (only MS
: windows drivers available). I'd advise possibly an
: external modem. (Hey, they're probably still cheaper
: than USB modems, although i'd go with that if it IS
: somehow cheaper.)

PCI modems have been supported since just after 4.0 was released.
They *MUST* be controller based.  There are only two or three of these
in the marketplace.

> pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x11c1, dev=0x0441) at

0x11c1 is actiontec.  0x0441 is not the one known good device.  0x0480
is that one.  0x0441 is, I think, the winmodem version, which sadly we
cannot support at this time.

Warner