Date:      Sun, 2 Nov 2003 15:28:41 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsd.org>
To:        LI Dong <lid@ufrima.imag.fr>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Announcement of FreeBSD Chinese Simplified Documentation Translation Project

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 02:35:30AM +0100, LI Dong wrote:
> So, that the problem is, I have created our local CVS Repository correctly
> and imported the documents translated, but I need some important information
> to finish the final setup. At lest, the official name of our translation
> project (stay in 'FreeBSD Chinese Simplified Documentation Translation
> Project' or need make some changes to fit the policy of The FreeBSD
> Project), the path name of our translation('zh' or 'zh_CN' or 'cn'). These
> informations are very important, please tell me as soon as possible.

The second component of the path name should specify the encoding you
are using for simplified Chinese. I assume you will be using the GB
encoding?  Or possibly Unicode?

For GB, the proper path name for your project would be :

    'zh_CN.GB'

The pathname for the traditional chinese documentation is
'zh_TW.BIG5'.

> And, I noticed that one of your translation projects is Chinese
> Documentation Project, currently maintained by people from Taiwan and in
> Chinese Traditional. I think it should not be called Chinese Documentation
> Project, but Chinese Traditional Documentation Project, because the reason

I agree.

> everyone knows. And I believe that split Chinese Documentation Project to
> two parts, Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional will take the benefits
> and reflect the *respect* for both the contributors and users from China
> Mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

Yes.

	- Murray