Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 1996 13:13:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan Benjamin <dan@abyss.void.net>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
Cc:        "Mr. Jason A. Borgmann" <kyricc@inetnebr.com>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 128k ISDN vs. T1

> > Hello, I am in the process of starting an ISP in my area.  I was wondering
> > if any of you could list the pros/cons of using a T1 over a 128k ISDN
>
> An ISDN line is inherently less reliable than a point to point T1, mainly
> because the telco's are generally really bad with ISDN.

Let me preface my comments below with this disclaimer: I don't have
anything to do with or any particular fondness for any telco.  There, I said
it.  Now out with the compliments:

I keep being told this, but those of us in BellSouth area must have
lucked out.  It seems that our ISDN folks are quite knowledgeable, even
the phone operators seem to have a good knowledge of ISDN and related
technologies themselves.

At any rate, assume they know nothing (as I did) and either be correct or
pleasantly surprised ;)

 Dan Benjamin			dan@void.net
 President / SysAdmin		The Void / Init
 http://www.init.org/		http://www.void.net/