Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 1997 07:26:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@ferginc.com>
To:        mika ruohotie <bsdchat@shadows.aeon.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: irc.freebsd.org

On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, mika ruohotie wrote:

> > > Things like?
> >   and for whom?
>
> well, things like sudden random questions about something important, and
> something that person doesnt wish to flood the mailings-lists with...
>
> me being sort of irc-addict, and certainly not the only one of those
> who uses freebsd, i can see it'd help those situations.

 Agreed... and no one that comes on and asks a freebsd question is
 turned away. We have a good number of people with lots of FreeBSD
 experience. And we encourage good questions to be asked. If you have
 a problem, feel free to ask there, if we cannot answer it... we will
 point you in the right direction. Believe me ... we are not irc
 bigots, we just don't like all the yack from efnet.

 - branson

Branson Matheson       			" If you are falling off of a mountain,
System Administrator              You may as well try to fly."
Ferguson Enterprises               - Delenn, Mimbari Ambassador