Date:      Sat, 4 Dec 2004 23:51:23 +0100
From:      Shaun Jurrens <shaun@shamz.net>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   kern/74690: [patch] support for SanDisk 8-in-1 in umass.c

hi guys,

I just submitted this PR via the web thing.  The miniature patch is
mangled, but without it my box hangs at boot right before cam device scan
output (I have four other scsi disks attached). This started occuring after
the last round of usb updates, I believe.

I've been patching this for some in an attempt to get rid of the ugly
verbose output of scanning every sim on this unit.  It'd be nice if it just
could react like a cdrom drive (NOT READY, Medium not present). I don't
know enough to get this to do that though, obviously.  I believe I stopped
patching for a while after 5.3-R, but commits recently made this a
non-option.

It'd be nice if someone could take a look at this and commit it. I could,
of course, test any improvements.

--
Yours truly,

Shaun D. Jurrens