Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:09:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        kstewart@3-cities.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can not mount root :( -- hardwired SCSI?

Kent Stewart once wrote:

> > I  see  "switching  to  /dev/da0s1a", then  to  /dev/da0a  and  then
> > panicing... I'm  using the May  26 snapshot's generic kernel,  but I
> > have to manualy  load ccd.ko with it,  and it is 1 Mb  bigger then I
> > need.

> You  really  don't  talk  about  doing  a  "make  world"  and  running
> "mergemaster" to upgrade  the rest of your system before  you did your
> kernel build.

Well, as I said, the GENERIC kernel has no problems... I did install the
bin distribution from the May 26 snapshot.

> There were  massive changes  that aren't accounted  for if  you didn't
> upgrade everything. I'm also running 3.2-stable but I'm 29 May 1999.

Well, now my bin and the GENERIC kernel are from May 26. The new kernels
I'm trying to build may be from source a couple of days newer -- say May
30...

This question remains:

> > Can someone confirm the hardwired SCSI disks (including the one with
> > the root FS) work with the recent 3.2-STABLE?

Thanks!

	-mi