Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 19:18:06 +0200 (MDT)
From:      Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3c589D and pccard support in FreeBSD 2.2.5

Nate Williams wrote:

    > BTW: does the FreeBSD 2.2.6. boot.flp contain the support
    > for the above hardware also?

    It should, if you can figure out the hardware settings saved in the
    card's EEPROM.

OK, I'll run this kernel with the values read from Linux.

    > and 7 were attached via pccardd(8) to the card but with
    > slow network performance (ping delays of ~1.600 ms).

    It's probably not a mis-configured IRQ then.

    > I checked the same BIOS setup with the Linux boot diskette
    > and the Linux cardservice uses IRQ 3 for the 3C589D and
    > after running ifconfig(8) for the interface all was fine.

    No delays in Linux?

No, no delays at all.

	matthias

    This one has me stumped.  Mike?

--
firm: matthias.apitz@sisis.de [voc:+49-89-61308-351, fax: +49-89-61308-188]
priv: guru@thias.muc.de

from USENET:
People who run servers understand that flashy interactive interfaces have
nothing to do with the underlying functionality and often get in the way.