Date:      Sat, 17 Oct 1998 18:18:31 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   enter doesn't work

Sometimes when I telnet in and use mutt, mutt complains that the enter
key (or return) is an unknown key ("key not bound"). When this happened
from windoze systems I thought nothing of it.

Last night I was using FreeBSD 2.2.7, telnetting to FreeBSD 2.2.2
where mutt lives. Neither machine has an owner knowledgeable enough to
have changed anything more complex than installing bash.
'echo $TERM' comes back cons25 on both machines.

I logged in several times and still couldn't use the enter key within
mutt (i.e. could list mail but not read it). Other keys worked in mutt,
and the enter key worked at the bash prompt. I tried from an xterm and
still no go. Finally I ran screen on the remote system before running
mutt, and that worked.

Problem solved, but a mystery remains. Any clues?

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-