Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 06:57:37 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org, Michael Petry <petry@netwolf.NetMasters.com>, "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>, Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>, Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>, Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>, Thomas Arnold <tom@inna.net>
Subject:   bt848-user video card survey

     I'm shopping for a new video card and wonder if I could get your help.
If you have a video card you've been using with the Wincast or the STB
capture boards that has these features, sure would appreciate it if you
would drop me the make and model.

     - At least 1280x1024x16bpp if not 24/32bpp (so 4 Meg of mem or more)
     - Wincast or STB card works well on it doing direct video at that res
     - Stable XFree drivers
     - High refresh rate (>= 65-70 Hz @ 1280x1024)

Of course stable drivers for MSW95 would be a plus, for the small amount
I'll need to boot into it.

Dayton Computerfest is coming up this weekend, and I'm hunting for this new
video card and a >= 17in monitor (monitor recommendations welcome as well).

Thanks in advance,

Randall