Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 1997 19:40:30 -0100
From:      Kachun Lee <kachun@zippo.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: ahc crashes

In article <5gkmcd$h1s@newsrv.zippo.com>, gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com says...

>>Hi,
>>
>>Do anyone know if 2.2-RELEASE address the above problem? If not, anything we
>>could do to help fix problem? Any comment will be greatly appreciated. BTW,
>>I tried 970310-GAMMA, it crashed with the ahc error also.
>>
>>Best regards
>
>I committed changes to the driver just after 2.2R that may address this
>problem.  Testing is on going and we should know in a few days.  Feel free
>to CVSup the latest bits and try them for yourself.
> [snip]

Thank you for trying, but sorry to say the 970318 kernel crashed also.
Actually, even more often - every 3-4 hours... the 2.2-REL only during INN
expireover. And, when the system crashed, no log messages made into
/var/log/messages. I caught the reboot once and it said something about
ahc... timeout... the screen erase before I could write it down.

Please keep me inform about the next rev... I am not giving up and won't
mind keep trying... but back to 2.1.6 in the meantime.

Best regards