Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 22:39:55 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1021937567.3082d8@mired.org>
Cc:        Nils Holland <nils@daemon.tisys.org>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The road ahead?

Mike Meyer wrote:
> If I knew what the next great computer revolution was going to be, I'd
> be looking for investors, not reading freebsd-chat. I suspect the same
> is true for most everyone here. I will say that it probably already
> exists. The internet existed in the mid 70s, but didn't hit the
> popular conscious until the mid 90s. Identifying it, that's the hard
> part. We geeks aren't likely to do so, because we have such poor
> perception of what jane sixpack really wants.

Steve Jobs has a good track record of seeing 5 or 6 years into
the future.  Too bad the public won't tolerate more than 2
years, tops.

Anything with a horizon over 2 years is really unlikely to be
funded.  Listen to the archived BASES lectures (Stanford V.C.
lectures) for confirmation on this point.

-- Terry