Date:      Wed, 6 May 2020 15:57:30 -0600
From:      "Janky Jay, III" <jankyj@unfs.us>
To:        Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>, FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: xpdf 4.02,1 core dumps

Hello Pete,

On 5/6/20 3:51 PM, Pete Wright wrote:
> Hello,
> I am noticing this error with xpdf recently:
>
> $ xpdf
> qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display
> qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even
> though it was found.
> This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could
> be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
>
> Available platform plugins are: bsdfb, minimal, offscreen, vnc, xcb.
>
> Abort trap (core dumped)
>
> I've updated to the latest pkg's and tried to reinstall xpdf but that
> did not help.  it looks like xcb-util depends on lots of other
> packages, but it seems like xpdf is the only thing being effected.
> Anyone else seeing this?
    I run xpdf pretty much daily and am not seeing this problem. I'm
currently running the same version (installed via "pkg", not ports) and
here is what I see xpdf depending on:

xpdf-4.02,1:
    qt5-widgets-5.14.2
    qt5-gui-5.14.2
    qt5-printsupport-5.14.2
    gsfonts-8.11_8
    freetype2-2.10.1
    cups-2.2.13
    qt5-network-5.14.2
    qt5-svg-5.14.2
    png-1.6.37
    qt5-core-5.14.2_2
    qt5-concurrent-5.14.2
    desktop-file-utils-0.24

    I don't see any mention of "xcb-util". Granted, I'm also running
xpdf in a very minimal xfce4 environment so maybe there are other
underlying issues?

Regards,
Janky Jay, III