Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 2003 00:16:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Heads up:  4.x VM problems fixed

Thanks to Tor Egge, the VM problems introduced during the PAE import have
now been fixed.  The problem occured because of changes in locking between
4.x and 5.x which were not obvious.

Of course, there still could be other bugs hanging around the 4.x tree,
and we'd like to hear about them.  (Crashdumps provided by Mike Tancsa and
others helped greatly in tracking down this problem.)

If you'd like to make sure that 4.9 is our best release ever, please do
the following:

- CVSup to RELENG_4!

- Enable DDB or crashdumps so that you can capture a backtrace when and if
your machine panics.

Thanks,

Mike "Silby" Silbersack