Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 1999 20:12:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Cliff Skolnick <cliff@steam.com>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can not mount root :( -- hardwired SCSI?

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Mikhail Teterin wrote:

> disk da0 at scbus0 target 1
> disk da1 at scbus0 target 2
> disk da2 at scbus0 target 3
> disk da3 at scbus0 target 6
> disk da4 at scbus1 target 3
> disk da6 at scbus1 target 6

Most SCSI disk are target 0 for boot, perhaps you are off by one on the
target number?  Having your boot disk at target 1 is not a problem, I do
that myself so I can plug in a jaz drive and boot from that for recovery
purposes.  On the other hand it's not common.

How about also including the output of the dmesg from the GENERIC kernel
that boots and runs.

--
Cliff Skolnick          | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain
Steam Tunnel Operations |  a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty