Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 2003 08:59:58 +0200
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mpd: PPTP call failed

At 20/04/2003, you wrote:
>Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:
> > bind: Can't assign requested address

> > vpn:
> >          set link type pptp
> >          set pptp enable originate incoming outcall
> >          set pptp self 81.75.144.245
>                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>Most likely your mpd box doesn't own that IP address.

Infact it doesn't ... it is owns by the Zyxel 645R (the wan side) which
does a complete nat/pat to the inner FreeBSD box (that has IP 10.0.1.1 and
the router's ethernet is 10.0.1.254).

But if I can't use this address which one I should use ? The FreeBSD box
has/knows only private IPs .
Perhaps it is the idea behind this configuration which is wrong but I
thought it could work, also because it seems to work in an other situation
with only a side with a router that does the complete nat (the other side
use ppp and a bridge 645M, so the wan IP address is on the tun0 device of
the box).

Any ideas ? Anyone else which has tried a setup like this ?

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.gufi.org/~gmarco