Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 1999 16:04:15 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        webbasan@muc.de
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trouble after installing i4b 0.83: "xl0: watchdog timeout"

From the keyboard of Horst H.G. Weber:

> It seems to me, as if the i4b Fritz PCI drivers steal the interrupts of
> the ethernet board, but could that really be?

It might be a bug in either the ISDN or the ethernet cards code, one of
them might have a flaw in case irq's are shared.

> The kernel boot messages seem to look ok: the kernel recognizes the
> right IRQ mappings for the PCI cards that I have setup in the BIOS for them.
>
> The only thing that puzzles me, is that they all claim to use "INT A"...
> Is this ok?

Try to give different IRQ lines to your ISDN and ethernet card, this is
a matter of either a BIOS setup or - in case of an old motherboard -
reading docs and fiddling around with jumpers and/or dipswitches.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77